Monday, August 8, 2011

Crab Mentality

My Mom is hypertensive. Controlled.

I am a kunsintidor son.

My mom loves crabs.

A hypertensive Mom who loves crabs plus a kunsintidor son.

There you have it... Crab Mentality.

Taken during Mothers' Day celebration in 2008. It was an impromptu dinner treat with my cousin Alex. Our favorite luto: garlic-butter. And there's also my favorite... oyster!
(Crustasia, Powerplant Mall)

 A fun-filled kwela dinner during the 21st birthday of my cousin Marjo. All of us took turns in having a picture taken with the clawdaddy cap. An all-smile Ate Del is also in the photo.
(Clawdaddy, Bonifacio High Street)

 And here it is... garlic-butter crab a la Clawdaddy. It's like bawang na sinahugan ng talangka. Yum!

For her 76th birthday, I brought Mom to Bohol together with my cousin Alex. This one's taken at The Prawn Farm, a seafood grill and resto in Tagbilaran City. Mom craved for seafood so I asked our tour guide Edna (also in the photo) to bring us to a good seafood restaurant. The food and price -- I give a 5-star rating.

 Here's the crab dish that we ordered. I can't remember exactly how it's cooked, but we consumed all the meat and fat even in the shell's kasuluk-sulukan.
(The Prawn Farm, Tagbilaran City)

 This is supposed to be a seafood soup, but I can't recall how and what it's called. All I know is that it's super masarap, comparable to the soups served in 5-star receptions.
(The Prawn Farm, Tagbilaran City)

Mom's 77th birthday was in Singapore. Here's a birthday dinner treat from my friend Millie. Her two kids, Bogs and Daniella, are in the photo.
(The Esplanade)

 Chili crab. The dish on the left is pagi (stingray). My friend insisted that it's a must-try. Although sort of extreme cuisine to me, I must say it tasted good.
(The Esplanade)
It's a Merry Thai Christmas. For our first night in Bangkok, Mom and I decided to go into an adventure by trying the food establishments near our hotel. We came across The Silom Village -- a dampa-type restaurant in the heart of Silom St.

We ordered chili-curry crab, as per recommendation by the waiter. Mom was disappointed, though, because she was after the taba ng talangka. The crab was chopped and the taba was apparently mixed (and lost) with the sauce. Nevertheless, the curry sauce was uber sarap.
(The Silom Village, Bangkok)

As of this writing (9 August 2011), this is Mom's latest crab feast. Garlic-butter crab at the Harbor View Restaurant facing the Manila Bay and it's magnificent sunset. A nice treat after watching the spectacular Varekai by Cirque Du Soleil.

No comments:

Post a Comment