Sunday, March 13, 2011

Act of Contrition

O my gut,
I am heartily happy and sorry for having indulged you again in a very sinful delight.
And I don't detest this guilty pleasure because I know you were satisfied. 
That slice of white forest at the Manila Grand Opera House,
Three layers of moist buttery chiffon cake sandwiched with smooth whipped cream and chunks of preserved strawberries in thick jam, 
Covered with pure, sweet, melt-in-your-mouth white chocolate that's one-and-a-half centimeters thick, 
And topped again with luscious preserved strawberries. 
That big slice of temptation specially made by the hotel's own bakers. 
But most of all, 
Because it offended my weight and figure, 
Who art deserving of all the exercise and calorie restrictions. 
I firmly resolve to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin... 
Kidding!


No comments:

Post a Comment