Friday, August 26, 2011

True Confections

One of my favorite bakeshops in the Metro. The Bakeshop at the Edsa Shangri-La Manila.

Each time I go to "Shang", it's my routine to pass by The Bakeshop and just look at their baked goods. The place is small and cute – cozy but sosyal. The cakes, cookies, breads, pralines and pastries are all delectable and beautifully arranged. The staff is very accommodating (a very important requirement for me to love a certain establishment). And, for a bakeshop in a five-star hotel, the price is incredibly reasonable, so I always end up buying some items.

Top & bottom: The Bakeshop can pride itself on its wide array of baked goods, displayed pleasingly in a small space at the main lobby of the hotel. My favorite so far is their doughnuts. No fancy toppings, just a dash of sugar and spice. I bought three pieces for Mom, but I ended up eating all of them.

 
Top: Some stuff are adorably hanging on the wall. They are for sale, by the way, not just for decoration. Bottom: The center-stage display is this jaw-dropping collection of bread. At the far left is squid ink baguette. When I first saw it, I thought it was so named because of its black color, but apparently squid ink was actually used as a main ingredient. And it's really amoy pusit, theoretically a perfect match to aligue pasta or pasta negra, or plainly with cream cheese and cold soda.

 Yours Truly had the chance to have this photo taken by the shop's staff. How I wish I could indulge myself in all these variety of mouth-watering cakes and confections.

No comments:

Post a Comment