Friday, February 24, 2012

Pathologic Eating

It was an ultra-busy day at the Philippine Society of Pathologists (PSP) Headquarters in Malakas St., Diliman. So, to replenish my energy stores and to refresh myself during this super hot and tiring day, I decided to have my lunch at Yviana.

Yviana is a popular refreshment spot among Filipino pathologists because it is strategically located right across the PSP Building in Malakas St, Diliman, Quezon City. It is a small cafe -- humble, I must say -- in a predominantly residential area. Situated near three tertiary hospitals: the Philippine Heart Center, East Avenue Medical Center and AFP (V. Luna) Medical Center, it is a preferred dining venue for physicians and healthcare workers in the area. From the outside, it may look like an ordinary bakeshop, but this establishment offers more than just bread. They make really good muffins, food for the gods and butterscotch. (For my pasalubong, I actually bought a big bag of butterscotch slices for Mom). They also serve meals and snacks. And yes, oh yes, don't forget to try the chocolate cake! It's to die for.

 For today, I ordered one of my favorites: embutido. I love embutido, in general, but Yviana's version has its unique delicious taste. The consistency is soft, yet it is very meaty. It doesn't have that cereal-crumbs-flour-extender texture. Moreover, it is not the typical rod-shaped embutido -- the square contour makes it more visually appetizing. The egg is cooked the way it should be cooked... for me -- malasado. Yviana also serves really flavorsome la paz batchoy. The dinuguan is also a must-try.

2 comments: