Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crepe Est Bonne

Mom and I wanted something light and sweet for lunch today, so I brought her to my newly-discovered and now-a-favorite dining place in Edsa Shangri-la Plaza Mall. La Creperie.


La Creperie is located at the 2nd level of the Edsa Shangri-la Plaza Mall. The place is cute and simple -- a stand-alone dining area along the mall's corridor. The interior and design remind me of the beauty of a prarie-style kitchen. Although seemingly simple, this small restaurant prepares fantastic crepe varieties that outstand and/or compare to the more popular crepe restaurants in the Metro. In fact, I myself am not that much into crepes, but La Creperie made me change my mind. Oui?


La Creperie's menu offers a variety of crepe choices that look totally appetizing but surprisingly have reasonable prices. Dessert or entree, snack or main dish... their crepes are designed to satisfy any form of craving. They also serve soups, pastas and meat dishes, as well as coffee and tea to complement the meal.


My first love... The Salidou. This is their simplest crepe, smothered with salted butter, topped with whipped cream, and drizzled with caramel. That's all. No fruits, meat or any other inclusions. The crepe, made from buckwheat flour, is moist and creamy. This is a must-try for any first-timer in this restaurant (like Mom!). Simple but tasty and full of elaborate flavors. For Mom, however, I added a few slices of banana for a healthier touch. Php 180.


For my order, I chose one of their best-sellers, Mango Hazelnut au Chocolat. Bitter-sweet chocolate-flavored crepe with thick chocolate syrup and mango slices, topped with whipped cream, drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with thinly-shaved almonds. The photo speaks for itself. This dish will make your "taste buds fly to the stratosphere", the very descriptive words used by my friend and fellow gastronome Tisay Buenaflor who recommended this place to me. Php 185.


C'est si bon. Mom and I feeling excited like kids, so eager to devour their snack. Mom's picky taste for food was limited to the conventional and traditional, but I was pretty sure she would love the food in La Creperie as much as I did. And I was right. Our bill: Php 330 (inclusive of the senior citizens' discount). Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment