Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Little Delight

I seldom go to Kapitolyo in Pasig City. Today, I decided to visit this lovely neighborhood again. This time, to try this cute, little restaurant which was recommended by my good friend and fellow foodie Dr. Tisay Buenaflor.

Since the traffic situation along Shaw Blvd. was terrible and horrible, I walked all the way from San Miguel Ave. to Kapitolyo. Upon reaching the restaurant, I realized the walk was worth it. Burning a few pounds was actually a subtle preparation for something big, literally, that would come my way.

And then, there it was. Poco Deli. A small restaurant located along East Capitol Drive in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. From the outside, the place wasn't too eye-catching -- quite ordinary. It's the interior that's really jaw-dropping -- an attempt to bring Europe's culinary ambiance closer to Pinoys, with lots of wines and liquor, sausages and smoked meat, cakes and dessert.


There were so many interesting and mouth-watering items in the menu, but this one in the photo was my friend's highest recommendation. And so I ordered it. Bacon Slabs. I would understand eventually on my first bite why my friend wanted me so badly to taste it. Two big slabs (not slices) of bacon, smoked to perfection for six hours, with two pieces of sunny-side-up eggs on top of bacon rice (as in fried rice with lots of bacon bits). Translated, I ordered loads of cholesterol. So what? The guilt would just follow. It was delicious, juicy, and flavorful, anyway. Php 320


For my drink, I ordered Citrus Delight. Generous slices of lime, lemon, grapefruit and orange in a big glass of plain soda water -- perfect match for my main dish. Its acidic but sweet taste sort of washed the oil from the bacon and egg that was carpeting my tongue. Php 120


That moment of glee when you were about to indulge. Next project: bring Mom to this fantastic dining place. And we're gonna try the cakes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment